The customer service representative position is responsible for processing orders for product received by mail, telephone, fax or e-mail from customers or company employees. Interacts with customers; gives information in response to inquiries about accounts, products, and services. Takes care of and settles customer complaints, special orders, or returns or via phone or mail. Receives and processes orders, provides information concerning pricing, changes in service, discontinuance, and shipping. You will closely interact with materials and operations and attend daily production meeting. You are the customer advocate in the building.
- Communicate with customers by telephone, email, and video conference.
- Provides customers with information about products and services related to order status, product information, account status, pricing, product or service, customer forecasting in their portal.
- Takes orders, cancels customer accounts and adjusts invoices.
- Resolve complex customer complaints, questions, and problems.
- Checks that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- May solicit sales of new or additional services or products.
- Receives orders for products by mail, phone, email or fax.
- Gives or sends price quotations to customers.
- Contract review and edits orders received for price and nomenclature.
- Informs customers of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by the customer.
- Work with customer’s excess inventory buy back.
- Advises customers if the order is close to the current dollar discount and inquires if they would like to take advantage of the discount by adding on to the order.
- Writes or types order forms, or enters data into computer, to determine total cost for customer.
- Prints shipment documents and forwards to the customer service manager for review.
- Checks shipping orders to ensure they are accurate with regard to quantity shipped. This is done by comparing shipping documents with computer-generated reports.
This position will act as a back up to the Quote Coordinator
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
As our Customer Service/Order Entry Representative, you must have an outgoing personality to work with all levels of the organization. You should have the ability to work well individually and/or in a team environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and active listening skills, as well as the ability to easily connect with others. Experience working with MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and etc.), Salesforce, SAP and work to meet customer scheduled deadlines. You should have 5 to 7 years’ experience in customer service and order entry. Project management skills are beneficial (PMP Certification is a plus) and proficiency in Microsoft Office. We offer hospitalization insurance, group life, dental and vision insurances, and 401(k). All external hiring is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check.
Location: Solon, Ohio
Please include Customer Service Order Entry in the subject line of your reply. Please send resume to email@example.com in Microsoft Word format. No third party resumes or telephone calls. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V.